At Babette's Furniture, customer service is our number one priority. We are here to take care of any issues you may have with your merchandise. Please feel free to search through our topics below for answers to common questions, or give us a call at 352-728-5600 if you need any further assistance.
Service and Repairs
Service and Repairs
If you need service on your merchandise, please contact our customer service department at (352) 728-5600 ext. 203 to report your issue.
There is a 48 hour inspection grace period after delivery. If you discover an issue, please report it within that time frame.
What should you expect during a service call:
back to top
- The technician will touch-up or make repairs in your home
- The technician will evaluate your product and order a part if needed or confirm that a replacement is needed.
- On rare occasions the merchandise may need to be repaired by the manufacturer and consequently will need to be picked up and returned at our expense.
Any items (with exception of bedding and clearance items) can be returned within 7 days with a restocking fee.
back to top
Custom items will incur a 50% cancellation/restocking fee.
Non-Custom items will incur a 25% cancellation/restocking fee.
Floor Sample, As-Is, and Clearance Items are not eligible for return, refund, or repair service.
Any authorized returns will be evaluated for post-delivery damages and may be subject to reconditioning charges.
Checks are deposited on the date received. Any refund necessary will only be performed when we have verification that your check has cleared your bank. This process can take up to 10 business days. Refunds will be tendered in the manner in which they were received with the exception of cash which will be refunded with a check.
Please note that depending upon the policies of your credit card company, a refund issued to your card by Babette's could take 2-3 weeks to show on your credit card account.
back to top
Parts are ordered from the manufacturer and can take up to 4-6 weeks for us to receive. The day that the part arrives at our Distribution Center we will call to schedule the repair. During the time between placing the order and receipt of the part, we will confirm the order with the manufacturer and notify you of any delay in the shipment.
back to top
Warranties are supplied by the manufacturer of the product. Babette's Furniture carries no warranty. It is up to the sole discretion of the manufacturer if the issue is covered under warranty. Each manufacturer has its own time frame for warranty coverage and warranty information is attached to each product. If you did not receive warranty information with the product, please contact our service department for information regarding your product's warranty.
Babette's Furniture provides service on furniture during the manufacturer's warranty period (typically 1 year) for covered defects.
back to top
- Ordinary wear and tear is not considered a defect and therefore is not covered by warranty.
- Some manufacturers reserve the right to repair the merchandise at their factory and Babette's will facilitate the pick-up, shipping, and re-delivery at our expense.
- For specific warranty coverage information, please contact our service department.
Wood is a beautiful material with it's beautiful tones and grain patterns, but it is delicate and needs TLC to ensure it's beauty for years to come. Here are some tips on keeping your furniture looking showroom new.
- Furniture oils and polishes will make your wood look shiny for a short time, but overuse actually does more harm than good. Furniture Wax is the preferred method for polishing.
- Dusting should be done with a slightly damp cloth as a dry cloth can be harsher on the finish.
- Keep furniture out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing furniture in front of or under windows.
- Place furniture away from heating and air conditioning vents.
- Blot up spills immediately.
- Use coasters, placemats and tablecloths to protect furniture during use.
- Lift and place items instead of sliding across furniture surfaces.
- Rotate accessories on your furniture periodically.
- Avoid prolonged use of plastic and rubber items on your furniture.
- Dust your furniture regularly and polish every 4-6 months.
Your furniture plays an important part in the look and feel of your home decor. Understanding fabrics and how to care for your upholstered furniture is essential.
Before attempting to remove a stain from your furniture, it is helpful to know the type of fabric used to upholster the furniture.
Most companies provide standardized cleaning codes and instructions which list the preferred spot cleaning methods. These codes are typically located on the manufacturers tag on the bottom front of the merchandise. If these codes aren't available, you should contact our service department to obtain more information prior to cleaning your upholstery.
We suggest that you first test any cleaning product in an inconspicuous area.
Upholstery Cleaning Codes
- S: Clean the fabric sparingly with a dry cleaning solvent that's water free. Test for color fastness, use sparingly.
- W: Clean fabric with a water based solution, such as mild detergent and water or foam upholstery cleaner. Avoid over wetting.
- WS: Depending on stain, use a water based solution, dry-cleaning solvent or upholstery shampoo.
- X: Fabric should be professionally cleaned only. Vacuum or brush lightly to remove any accumulation of dust, dirt and debris. Do not use cleaning solvents or water based products on fabric.
Furniture can be an expensive item, and you can permanently damage it if you use the wrong cleaning materials. If you are not sure about
It is also important to deodorize your upholstery on a regular basis. Many odors can be tough to remove, and they make using your furniture an unpleasant experience. Deodorizers can be purchased which uses enzymes to destroy odor which is caused by urine or odors. It does this by consuming the matter which causes the smell. This will give your furniture and upholstery a pleasant scent.
Leather furniture is one of the most elegant types of furniture that you can own. Leather is pleasant to have in any style of home, and will bring a new light to any room it is placed in.
Leather is easily maintained. It is sturdier than most other fabrics so the car of leather is often overlooked. In order to maintain the value of your leather, you should follow a few simple steps to keep your leather looking, feeling, and even smelling new. You should also know about the different styles of leather finishes before you purchase your leather furniture.
- Aniline Leather: Aniline leather is natural looking and will feature more noticeable marks, barbed wire scars, scratches, brands and wrinkles. The uniqueness of this leather will work for you if you are looking for a piece of furniture that is distinctive when looking at other furniture. Aniline leather should be cleaned with a soft cloth and vacuumed with a soft brush extension. You should also rub the leather down with a cleaning solution to preserve the quality of the leather.
- Aniline Plus Leather: Pigmented or aniline-plus leather is another form of leather that is treated to ensure that there will be a smoother color and fewer scratches, marks and branding. This leather has also been treated to help the resistance of stains. Unlike Aniline leather, this is the most common form of leather you will find in furniture stores. You can also clean this form of leather in the same manner you would the Aniline leather; simply dust with a soft cloth and vacuum with a soft brush extension.
- Nubuck Leather: Nubuck leather has been buffed to feel like velvet or suede. This is a form of leather that will have more noticeable range marks, and is more likely to stain and fade than the two other forms of leather. Using a product such as Leather Master Nubuck cleaner and protection which will help the leather resist natural body oils, liquid spills, perspiration and maintain the velvet/suede texture. This form of leather is harder to keep clean than the other two forms of leather due to the texture not being smooth like Pigmented and Aniline leather. /p>
No cleaning will remove every stain, fading or wear. However, you will be able to maintain your leather furniture longer by removing spills immediately, dusting regularly and using care and cleaning products designed for leather furniture.